Saturday, January 15, 2011

Another great find at the DI.

Yes, I spend an hour or two everyday at the DI.  I look forward to it and get enjoyment out of "the hunt".  It's important to know discipline and not load  your cart with non-selling items, or you will never come out ahead.  Today I bought a 1957 Peter Ganine Gothic chess set.  I knew it was old, so I grabbed it.  It was only $1.00, but I will still make a call to see if it's worth my time.  It sells for about $35.00/$40.00.  It's complete and in nice shape... so I'm excited!!!  I will put it on Ebay on Monday because I refuse to sell on the weekend... in my experience, people are too busy to be at their computer on the weekend and I get disappointed for what stuff sells for.

This is my other find for today!  It's an unused Raggedy Ann & Andy pattern book.  It was $.25 and will sale for about $15.00.  Add that to the Chess set and I am up to $50.00-$55.00 for a $1.25 investment!

No comments:

Post a Comment