Wednesday, January 12, 2011

WHAT A YARD SALE FIND!!!

To start... this was a TOTAL accident.  I have had these ginormous over sized books kicking around my house for a few months.  They are the softcover Teacher sized books, they are about 17x21 inches.  I purchased them for $.50 each at a yard sale last summer.  I bought 20 of them, which would have been a total of $10.00, but then I talked him down to $8.00.  My kids were never really interested in them.  They ruined two of them right away.  I put them up and didn't think much about them.  When I finally looked them up on Ebay, I was surprised to see that a few of the titles sold for about $30.00.  I decided to put them all on together and see what happens.  They slowly went up to $30, then $50, then $70 (at this point I was in a panic... these are just paperback books).  We were on the road traveling home and we had about 3 hours left on our trip.  My mom called and said they were at $112.00 about half way home.  When I got home, I rushed downstairs and to my surprise, these books were at $265.00.  Their final ending price was $270.00.  That is over 30x the money I spent.  Each book sold for about $15.00.  We were jumping and screaming all over the basement!  WOW, who knew

No comments:

Post a Comment